• Mediterranean Olive bread
- 650g Floor
- 350ml warm Water
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 250g of Nefeli Mixed Olives chopped
- 3 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil (for the baking)
- Sesame (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, pepper and water. Steer them for 5 to 10 minutes until you have a nice, smooth and uniformed pastry.
- Set the bowl aside and let the pastry rise for about 20-30 minutes (or until you see that it doubles the size)
- Add the olives and knead well again for 5 minutes (you can also add the sesame seeds - otherwise you can add them before baking). Let rise again for about 30 minutes.
- While the bread is rising preheat the oven at 180 degrees C and prepare the pan that needs to be lightly oiled.
- Put the pastry into the pan and bake it at 190 degrees C for 30-45 minutes or until done.
Allow to cool before consume.
Serve the Olive bread with Kalamata & Green olives and feta cubes.